If you’re an outdoor individual who travels a lot and loves adventuring, then nothing is of more importance than a portable solar panel. Everyone will at one point in his or her entire life travel and you would not want to encounter low battery problems on your tablet, phone, laptop, and many other appliances. It would be even upsetting if you need to hold an important conference or meeting or going somewhere without a charge on your device. The good news anyway is that technology has made progress in terms of how you can charge your devices no matter where you are. Portable solar panels are the new inventions in town and have proven to win the hearts of most outdoor enthusiasts. You can now get to travel without worrying about any power outages.
Indeed, a solar panel enables you to charge any of your electronics in whichever place you are and at any time. They’re portable and you can take them anywhere with you. You can get entirely confused with the fact that there are many brands out there in the market. Therefore, we have made your work easier having researched dozens of these units and brought out what they entail to differentiate them. Out of which we managed to compile a list of the top 10 best portable solar panels that you can always choose from. So, without further ado, let us delve into our list.
Table of Contents
- 10. SinKeu Portable Solar Panel with Fast Charging Technology for Outdoor Camping
- 9. Aimtom Compact Portable Solar Panel with USB Connector Type for Eco-Friendly Charging
- 8. Marbero 60 Watt Foldable Durable Portable Solar Panel with Adjustable Kickstand
- 7. Allpowers High-Quality Monocrystalline Waterproof 60W Portable Solar Panel
- 6. Itehil High-Efficiency Portable Solar Panel with a Foldable Design for Picnics
- 5. Itehil Monocrystalline Portable Solar Panel for Power Stations during Outdoor Camping
- 4. Coocheer Portable Solar Panel with Multipurpose Ports and Smart Charging Technology
- 3. Eco-worthy 120W Foldable Portable Solar Panel for RV Camping and Hiking for Tablets
- 2. Rockpals Foldable Compact Widely Compatible Portable Solar Panel with 3 USB Ports
- 1. Paxcess 120W Off-Grid Power Backup Portable Solar Panel for Outdoor Activities
- Factors to consider when purchasing a portable solar panel
10. SinKeu Portable Solar Panel with Fast Charging Technology for Outdoor Camping
You can fully recharge your devices within the shortest time possible with Sinkeu portable solar panel. It features monocrystalline silicon for high-efficiency conversion to allow you to charge your devices faster. With two output ports, you can charge different devices at a faster rate while protecting them from overcharging or overcurrent. You can food it into a smaller size allowing you to transport it from one place to another with so much ease. Additionally, it has a high conversion efficiency which assures you of the needed electricity even during low light conditions.
- More convenient since it compatible with most power stations
- The pouch is made of water-resistant material to avoid damages
- Has a lightweight design making it easier to carry around
- Comes with many adapters thus easier to operate at all times
- Lacks clear instructions
9. Aimtom Compact Portable Solar Panel with USB Connector Type for Eco-Friendly Charging
Powering your devices becomes safer compared to electricity, therefore you might want to try out AIMTOM portable solar panel. It is suitable for charging digital cameras, smartphones, laptops, Mp3 players, portable speakers, and many more. Since it is equipped with Sun power solar cells to provide an efficient and reliable source of energy during power outages. Besides, you can now have more peace of mind because it is well designed to prevent overcharging, overheating, reverse charging, overcurrent, and so on. With the foldable design, you can easily take it with you while out camping, hunting, and many other outdoor events.
- The USB and DC ports are ideal for charging electronic devices
- Has an adjustable kickstand to keep it stable at all times
- Saves your storage space with its compact design
- Features a lightweight design thus easier to carry around
- The fasteners are made from cheaper materials
8. Marbero 60 Watt Foldable Durable Portable Solar Panel with Adjustable Kickstand
Do long for long travels with a continuous power supply? Well, it is all made possible with Marbero portable solar panel. It is suitable for use at home, yard or while out camping, hiking, climbing to recharge your laptop, smartphones, digital cameras, and so on. With a high conversion efficiency of up to 23%, it assures you greater power efficiency at all times. In addition, it is equipped with a different USB which allows you to charge your electronic devices at a much faster rate. This allows for less waiting time and more time for playing your games. You can as well hang it anywhere to ensure that you can capture enough light.
- Has 4 adjustable kickstands to maximize exposure to the sun
- Only weighs 5.1lbs thus easier to carry from place to place
- Suitable for use during extreme weather conditions
- Comes with clear instructions to ease assembly
- Does not come with alligator clips
7. Allpowers High-Quality Monocrystalline Waterproof 60W Portable Solar Panel
Are you worried about power outages during extreme weather conditions? Allpowers portable solar panel has got you well covered. It features a durable and waterproof nylon construction that assures you of a longer-lasting unit. This unit has surge and short circuit protection which keeps all your devices safer while charging them. You can easily fold it into a smaller size enabling you to carry it from one place to another with so much ease. With the unique voltage regulator design, you are well assured of stable current and voltage. This allows you to charge your smartphones, digital cameras, power banks, tablets, and many more.
- Equipped with four different hooks for easier hanging
- Has high conversion efficiency for a faster charging rate
- Features 3 output ports to charge different devices
- Made of a rugged and water-resistant exterior to minimize damages
- Has few ports
6. Itehil High-Efficiency Portable Solar Panel with a Foldable Design for Picnics
You have got more than enough reasons to purchase this portable solar panel by Itehil. It provides a power output of up to 200 watts to meet all your outdoor charging needs. Since it is built with monocrystalline silicon, its conversion rate can reach up to 21.5% to offer you the needed power even during low sun conditions. Moreover, it has different USB ports to allow you to charge your power banks, laptops, camera, smartphones, and many more. You can as well fold it into a more compact size to ease both storage and transportation purposes. This makes it a great gift for your friends or family members.
- Has a 4 fold panel that greatly improves the conversion rate
- Made from waterproof fabric thus easier to clean
- Easy to install with the included clear instructions
- Has buckles around making it easier to hang anywhere
- A bit larger
5. Itehil Monocrystalline Portable Solar Panel for Power Stations during Outdoor Camping
When it comes to a high-quality portable solar panel, this brand by Itehil is a great choice. This unit is designed with high-grade composite and Oxford cloth well known for their strength and durability. Since it is made of monocrystalline that produces more energy compared to other normal solar panels. This increases the conversion efficiency up to 23 percent to meet your entire charging needs. You can as well easily fold this unit into a more compact design allowing you to carry it from one place to another with ease. The kickstands allow you to support the solar panel and easily adjust it to a more desirable angle.
- The surface layer film makes it easier to clean it up
- Resistant to oxidation thus looks good for a longer time
- Has a waterproof design to prevent any damages
- Easy to carry around since it has a waterproof design
- No cons so far
4. Coocheer Portable Solar Panel with Multipurpose Ports and Smart Charging Technology
Whether you are out mountaineering or camping, Coocheer portable solar panel becomes a must-have accessory. It is equipped with a highly efficient solar panel that converts a higher percentage of solar energy to free energy thus suitable for use during outdoor life or unexpected power outages. Since it is made from high-quality Oxford cloth that assures you of a strong and long-lasting unit. This makes it ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking, picnics, and many other events. Moreover, it has a foldable design with a TPE rubber handle that allows you to easily carry it around.
- Has IC chips that identify your device to ease charging
- The USB ports allow you to charge your smartphones
- Keeps your devices from overcharging or overload
- You can easily adjust the kickstand angle for exposure
- Has very short cords
3. Eco-worthy 120W Foldable Portable Solar Panel for RV Camping and Hiking for Tablets
Eco-worthy portable solar panel is equipped with a wide range of features to meet all your charging needs. It comes with a cable that is 3 meters in length to allow you to keep your generator in the shade for more convenient operations. Installation is such a hassle-free task since you can simply use the hooks and it will take you the shortest time possible. The two kickstands behind the panel enable you to place it on a declination to ease absorption of the sun’s energy better. With only a weight of 9 pounds, you can easily transfer it from one place to another without feeling its weight.
- Takes a few minutes to fully install and uninstall
- You can easily fold it and throw it into your handbag
- Made sturdy to ensure safer and stable operations
- Has a compact design thus saves your storage space
- Has a poor display Interface
2. Rockpals Foldable Compact Widely Compatible Portable Solar Panel with 3 USB Ports
Do you love adventuring? You will need a reliable source of power during such events. Rockpals portable solar panel can be easily folded into a briefcase making it easier for you to carry it from one place to another. It is well designed to ensure different weather conditions since it is made of durable Oxford cloth and water-resistant materials. This allows you to get to different outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, picnics, and so on without the fear of damaging this unit. Better still, several different sizes of connectors have been included making it more compatible with various generators out there.
- The inbuilt smart chips allow for a faster charging process
- Has a higher conversion rate of solar energy to free energy
- Can be easily folded to carry with you to any place
- Well designed to protect your devices from overcharging
- Does not have a handle to ease portability
1. Paxcess 120W Off-Grid Power Backup Portable Solar Panel for Outdoor Activities
If you are looking for a lightweight portable solar panel, you can prefer settling on this brand by Paxcess. It is equipped with four different connectors which allow you to connect it to different solar generators in the market. With a high conversion efficiency of up to 23%, you can easily convert sunlight into the best energy to curb unexpected power outages. You are now assured of continuous energy supply even off-the-grid. While out there, you can recharge your smartphones, power banks, tablets, lamps, laptops, and other electronic devices at a much faster since it has a faster charging rate.
- Can be easily folded to ease both storage and transportation
- Designed from high-quality materials that last longer
- You can slightly adjust its angle for maximum exposure
- Compatible with most solar generators in the market
- Lacks an inbuilt battery to store some charge
Factors to consider when purchasing a portable solar panel
You should always consider a panel with output power enough to charge all the devices that you need to recharge with the panel. With this, you should look for a solar panel that has a minimum of 7 watts to recharge your smartphones, laptops, etc. Settling for fewer watts also implies a slower charge rate, therefore, if you’re in a position to go for one with more watts then never hesitate.
Ease of storage
You should always consider purchasing a portable solar panel with a compact design. This makes it much easier for you to store this unit. This also makes it easier to carry it around. You can easily store it in your briefcase and carry it to any place of your choice. Also, this means that you can save your storage space.
Since you’ll need to use this solar panel during more outdoor events it should be easier to carry around. It should allow you to use this item whenever you’re not near a normal power supply. Most are designed to fold seamlessly and be carried like a suitcase. Also, large solar panel chargers can charge the appliances quickly and effectively. While you checking on portability, you should never forget to also consider the performance.
You should also ensure that the solar panel charger you’re purchasing can support most if not all of the devices you’re connecting to. Here, we are considering the ports that can support various electronic devices. The power as well should be well sufficient to support the provided ports. For smaller devices that are normally charged with USB, you will need an output power of up to 5 volts. However, if they’re large enough, you will require one between 12 – 24 volts.
Technology is always on the move and has never ceased to amaze everyone. Imagine getting to your outdoor events without worrying about any power outages or inconsistent supply of power. Solar energy has been proven to offer more helpful solutions most especially when you are out camping, hiking, and so on. A portable Solar panel will be of great help for avid travelers and adventurers who want to take their lives out of the normal routine. Whenever you are planning to go camping without a well-sorted power source, you will never go wrong opting for one of the above portable solar panels. They are equipped with different features to meet all your needs. We will always be waiting to hear about your experience with one of the above products.