A portable power station is basically a battery-powered backup power supply that provides electrical output wherever you need it. Once it has been charged fully, a portable power station will be helpful during those long trips. You should therefore stop worrying about your electric devices as you can plug them into the power station on the go. These power stations are often made in a design that makes them easy to use. For instance, they will have a lightweight design and feature a carrying handle for the purposes of stability. The safety of your devices will also be guaranteed since most of these power stations feature an integrated battery management system. There will be no issues of over-voltage, over-current and similar issues.
In this post, we shall be looking at how you should go about buying a portable power station. These stations are always helpful if you are a lover of outdoor activities like camping, fishing, and general travel. Since there are so many options out there, someone might feel overwhelmed and confused about what to choose. Our expert research team carried out research and compiled the list below. Later in this post, we shall highlight key factors to consider when acquiring a portable power station.
Table of Contents
- 10. EF ECOFLOW Portable Power Station
- 9. MILIN Portable Power Station with a Backup Lithium Battery
- 8. Goal Zero Yeti Portable Power Station with an AC Inverter
- 7. GOLABS Portable Power Station for Outdoor Use (Orange)
- 6. ALLWEI Portable Power Station for Outdoors Camping
- 5. NEXPOW Portable Power Station, Emergency Backup
- 4. FlashFish Portable Power Station for CPAP, Travel, and Camping
- 3. Westinghouse Outdoor Power Supply
- 2. MARBERO Portable Power Station with an LED Flashlight
- 1. MARBERO 83Wh Portable Power Station (Green)
- Factors to consider when buying a portable power station
10. EF ECOFLOW Portable Power Station
We kick off this review with this portable power station from EF ECOFLOW. It has several outlet options that can charge up to 10 devices at the same time. With a weight of just 16.8lbs., you will be able to take the portable power station to whichever place that you go. An amazing feature about the power station is that it recharges from 0 to 80% within one hour. It will also offer a complete charge to your devices in just 1.6 hours.
The power station also comes with an in-built 600W inverter which allows you to power up your essential devices. This power station has been recommended for situations such as traveling, group outdoor activities, camping, and others. You should have enough confidence to buy this portable power station now that it comes with a 24-month guarantee and specialized customer service.
- The power station can power 10 devices at the same time with its multiple outlet options
- It operates on patented X-Stream technology that allows you to charge it from 0 to 80% in 1 hour
- The power station has an in-built 600W inverter to power some devices to 1800W with its X-Boost mode on
- It comes with a 2-year product guarantee and a 24-7 specialist customer service
- The DC port could break after a short time
9. MILIN Portable Power Station with a Backup Lithium Battery
This power station prides itself on a huge 622Wh capacity which is just enough to run your essential devices for hours. These include your laptop, fan, tablet, car fridge, LED light, and other devices. The good thing about this power station is that you can charge it and use it at the same time. It has been equipped with many output ports to make sure that you can connect as many devices as you would want.
The power generator has also been equipped with an LCD screen to allow you to view the charging status. Its in-built flashlight on the other hand comes in handy when you want to light up your path in the dark. It also comes with a battery management system that keeps your devices safe from conditions like over-voltage, over-current and overheating. It is also small in size just to make sure that it becomes easy to carry wherever you go.
- It packs a huge capacity of 622Wh and good 600W wattage which is enough to power up your devices for hours
- The power station has an LCD screen that offers a clear view of the charging status for convenience
- It is rechargeable from a wall outlet in just 2.5 hours from 0 to 80%
- The power station features a good battery management system and has the required certifications to guarantee quality
- Faulty wall charger cable
8. Goal Zero Yeti Portable Power Station with an AC Inverter
This power generator has been made to last and has already been field-tested in different environments. Whether you wish to get a backup supply at home or at your job site, this is the most reliable power station for you. The exceptional 200-watt generator allows you to plug in and easily power anything from a wall outlet. It also features an integrated MPPT charge controller that increases charge efficiency by 30%.
This brand takes a priority on product safety by using several layers of protection. You can therefore be sure that your devices will be safe from over-current, over-temperature, and over-voltage risks. This is powered by an integrated battery management system. You will also appreciate the fact that all the elements of the product have been made to make it very easy to operate.
- This power generator has been made to last and has been tested in different environments
- Industry-leading technology with a dependable battery power that is reliable in any situation
- The power station prioritizes product safety using several protection layers including over-voltage protection
- It has a battery management system that monitors individual cells and the battery-pack health
- Poor customer support
7. GOLABS Portable Power Station for Outdoor Use (Orange)
The power station has versatile outputs which help to make sure that you can charge different devices at the same time. It operates on LifePO4 batteries which are known for their chemical and thermal stability. You will also be happy to learn that the power station operates on a 300W AC outlet. It, therefore, becomes very safe for your sensitive devices like laptops and CPAP.
Another thing that makes this power generator stand out is the fact that it operates without bothering noise. You also do not need any fuel or gasoline to operate it meaning that it offers clean outdoor power. The power station also safeguards you and your devices from over-voltage, over-temperature, and over-current. All this is made possible by the effective battery management system equipped on this power station.
- The power supply works without the bothering noise or using gasoline and fuel
- It safeguards you and the devices by guarding against overvoltage, over-current, and over-temperature
- The power supply produces clean and stable electricity for the safety of your sensitive devices like laptops
- It comes with a money-back guarantee within 30 days and a warranty for 1 year
- The LED stops working after some time
6. ALLWEI Portable Power Station for Outdoors Camping
This power station has been equipped with a 280wh lithium-ion battery. It, therefore, means that there will be no fumes noise and no gasoline needed. The power station is very powerful to charge your smartphone up to 40 times and your laptop 7 to 8 times. It also prides itself on richer ports to make sure that your devices charge as stably as possible.
The other good thing that you are going to fall in love with this power station is the fact that it has different ways of charging. You can use the solar panel, a wall AC outlet, the car cigarette lighter, and a gas generator. This power station also comes with an in-built smart and very silent cooling fan. It automatically turns the unit off when there are instances of overheating. The fact that this power station has low noise and is gas-free makes it friendly to the environment.
- The power station has been equipped with a lithium-ion battery so there are no fuel emissions or noise
- It has been made with richer ports than its competitors to completely meet your charging needs on transit
- The power station features a convenient carrying handle and a flashlight for convenience during outdoor emergency
- You will enjoy friendly and professional customer assistance when you buy this portable power station
- Poor instructions
5. NEXPOW Portable Power Station, Emergency Backup
One thing that you will like about this power generator is that it is more durable than other power generators in the market. The battery capacity is 48000mAh which allows it to charge your devices more stably. It also has a lightweight design that allows it to effortlessly fit in your backpack. The power station has a wide range of applications including use on tablets, car refrigerators, and others.
One feature that makes the power station unique from the rest include the fact that there are 4 ways to recharge it. You can use the solar panel, a wall outlet, car socket, or the PD 3.0 input. What’s good about it is that you can use it while being charged. The power station comes with a battery management system that prevents overvoltage and overcurrent. With its convenient carrying handle, you will easily carry the power generator from one place to the other.
- The power generator will charge your devices in a stable way when you need emergency backup
- It has been made in a lightweight design weighing just 3.3lbs. to easily fit in the backpack
- The power generator has a wide range of applications and can be used with different devices
- It comes with a battery management system that keeps your devices safe from over-voltage and similar issues
- Poor customer service
4. FlashFish Portable Power Station for CPAP, Travel, and Camping
This is a 222Wh backup power supply that has a wide range of applications. With its outlets, it will charge different devices which include laptops, CPAP machines, tablets, and other devices. The power station features a silver case which explains its durability over other power generators. You can always be sure that this power station will charge your devices very stably for the simple reason that it operates on a 60000mAh battery.
The power supply weighs 5.6lbs only which makes it compact enough to fit in your backpack during those outdoor events. Another good thing about the power backup supply is that there are different ways of recharging it. You can decide to recharge it via the solar panel, using a car socket, or through a wall outlet. It also features multi-safety protection features like overheat protection, short-circuit protection, and other issues that degrade its lifespan.
- This is a 222Wh backup power system that has a wide range of applications including tablets, car air fans, and others
- It has a silver case that makes it more durable compared to other solar generators
- The battery capacity is 60000mAh that will charge your devices very stably
- It weighs 5.6lbs. which allows it to perfectly fit in your backpack for portability purposes
- Unprofessional customer support
3. Westinghouse Outdoor Power Supply
One that you will love about this portable power station includes the fact that it has versatile outlets. With these, it will conveniently charge up to 9 devices at the same time. This, therefore, comes as a great assistant especially for people who love the outdoors. It comes with a quality lithium-ion battery that offers long-lasting power. Just to tell you how powerful the battery is, it can charge your smartphone up to 17 times.
You will also be happy to learn that this is a small and light power station that you will carry to whichever place you wish. To facilitate that also, the power station comes with a carrying handle. It has been recommended as a good power station for most outdoor lovers. It is also worth noting that this is an eco-friendly power generator that helps to reduce the carbon footprint for a sustainable lifestyle.
- It has versatile outlets so that it can charge 9 devices at the same time
- This is a light and small power station with a carrying handle that is easy to carry wherever you go
- It is an eco-friendly power generator that helps to reduce your carbon footprint for a sustainable lifestyle
- The outdoor power supply has been backed with a 2-year warranty and a friendly customer service
- Durability issues
2. MARBERO Portable Power Station with an LED Flashlight
This power station prides itself on a slim size and lightweight design. It also comes with a compact handle so that you can use it on the go. It has been recommended for use by school students who would wish to charge their phones, laptops, cameras, and other gadgets. The power station comes with an 88Wh capacity that is enough to charge all your gadgets.
The other thing that you will appreciate about the power station is the fact that it has been equipped with a battery management system. This allows for control of voltage, temperature, and other conditions for a safe operation. In case of ov3erloading, the station shuts off automatically to protect itself and the devices being charged. With its two recharging modes, this power station will definitely be convenient to use.
- This is a portable and compact power station that has been made with a handle for easy carrying wherever you go
- The portable power station has been equipped with an 88Wh capacity to power different devices
- It features a battery management system that prevents different conditions including over-voltage, over-heating, and much more
- There are two recharging methods for this power station including the AC wall outlet adapter and the solar panel
- None identified
1. MARBERO 83Wh Portable Power Station (Green)
This portable power station will be an ideal assistant for fishing, camping, traveling, and other outdoor activities. It is a good Christmas gift that you can present to friends, parents, colleagues, and lovers. The portable power station has been equipped with an 83Wh capacity. With that, it has the ability to charge your camera, heater, tablet, cell phone, and other gadgets.
The good thing about this power station is the fact that it has been made in a lightweight design weighing only 2.2lbs. It also comes with a compact handle design to make sure that you can easily carry it wherever you go. With its super bright LED light, this portable power station comes in handy for emergency uses and use during the night. What’s more, there are three ways that you can recharge this power station. It comes with two adapters so that you can charge it via a wall outlet or using a car adapter. You can also recharge it via the solar panel.
- The portable power station is an ideal assistant for camping, fishing, and other outdoor activities
- It has been equipped with an 83Wh capacity to power up your devices including cameras, heaters, and more
- The power station features a slim and compact size which makes it light enough for easy carrying
- It comes with a super-bright LED light that comes in handy during an emergency and at night
- Too small to charge your devices
Factors to consider when buying a portable power station
This generally refers to the maximum power output that can be extracted from a power station. That is normally indicated in watts. Generally, the higher the power rating, the more powerful devices can be connected to the power supply. If you are therefore looking to power up powerful devices like mini heaters and toasters, you should always keep an eye on the power rating of your power station before buying. Ideally, it is not possible to draw more power than the actual rating of the power station.
Every portable power station is battery-powered. In this regard, you must always check the battery capacity before you buy the station. When the power station has a high-capacity battery, it will essentially provide more power for a long time than a low-capacity battery. Note that the battery capacity is always represented in watt-hours.
There will be no way you will want to compromise this. The main aim of portable power stations will be carrying them around for different applications. When you get yourself a very heavy power station, it will be too bulky to carry around. This, therefore, means that you will not be in a position to conveniently use the power station during long trips. It is always good to go for compact and lightweight power stations. However, ensure that you do not compromise the functionality of the power station in any way.
If you are an outdoor person, you are aware of how frustrating it can be to have your favorite devices run out of power when you are not close to home. When you are out for camping or some adventure, you will want to keep your smartphone, tablet, camera, LED light, laptop, and other devices fully charged. This is made possible by a portable power station. The good thing about these power backup supplies is that they have different recharging modes. Some are equipped with a solar panel meaning that you can recharge from the sun. As such, you will always find your adventure amazing. We have listed the best portable power stations in the marker and the tips to consider when buying. This information is meant to help you make an informed buying decision.