Whenever summer is approaching, bugs are aware and are also getting ready to disturb you. The best way to deal with the menace is to get yourself a bug zapper. Otherwise known as electric insect fly killers, these products attract and later demolish any flying insect in and around your environment via UV light. After emitting this light and attracting the bugs, the fly killers use the suction power of their fans to trap the insects in. some of them come with glue boards where the insects are killed. The design of most of these insect killers features a removable tray where the carcasses of these insects collect. To empty the insect killer, you just need to remove that tray and pour out the carcasses. Eliminating bugs has become that simple without the use of harsh and harmful chemicals. It, therefore, means that you can use these products around kids and pets.
Getting the best electric insect fly killer has never been easy given the many available market options. As opposed to the past, the e-commerce market has made it easy to get the products we need from the comfort of our homes. It does not however solve the problem of browsing through the massive list of choices available in the market. To offer a helping hand, our able research team compiled a list of the best electric insect fly killers in the market. We believe that by the end of this post, you will be in a better buying position. Without any further ado, let us get started!
Table of Contents
- 10. GLOUE Bug Zapper with Super Quiet Operation (Economical)
- 9. Homesuit Bug Zapper for Indoor and Outdoor Use
- 8. NAIYO Outdoor and Indoor Bug Zapper
- 7. Intelabe Fly Trap with Timer Setting for Light Control
- 6. flashvin Bug Zapper with UV Inhaler Lamp
- 5. ZFITEI Bug Zapper for Indoor and Outdoor Use
- 4. Katchy Indoor Fly Trap with Suction (Black)
- 3. ASPECTEK Powerful Electronic Insect Killer
- 2. FLYFRY Bug Zapper, Electric Insect Fly Killer
- 1. DynaTrap Extra-Large Insect Killer, Black
- Factors to consider when buying electric insect fly killers
10. GLOUE Bug Zapper with Super Quiet Operation (Economical)
The working principle of this mosquito killer is pretty easy. It basically emits light that will attract the mosquitoes while in operation. The rotating fan will later suck these mosquitoes into the storage box. This is a safe insect killer now that it does not make use of chemicals and other harmful substances. It, therefore, means that it will never cause any threat to the family, kids, and pets.
You will appreciate that the insect trapper uses a silent fan that never produces disturbing noises amid operation. What this therefore means is that it will never affect your day-to-day work as well as your rest time. It also prides itself on a novel design with a hook on top making it easy to hang high from kids’ reach. Cleaning it is pretty easy since you disconnect the power supply and pour out the carcasses from the storage box.
- It doesn’t use any chemicals or harmful substances making it safe for people and pets
- The insect fly killer uses a very silent fan that does not cause any disturbance during use
- Features a novel design with some hook at the top to hang it at a safe place away from kids
- Ideal for home, large offices, garages, farmhouses, and other scenes of use
- The light is too dim and the suction is poor
9. Homesuit Bug Zapper for Indoor and Outdoor Use
What makes this product unique is the fact that it works on almost any type of insect. The electronic lamp will emit a specific wavelength of 365nm that attracts mosquitoes, flies, and other types of insects. Whenever insects fly near the trap, the zapper instantly kills the insects via the internal electric grid. This is a portable bug zapper that can be easily assembled. You just need to place it on a flat surface or hang it with the integrated ring.
The construction of this bug zapper features handy ABS material that is resistant to high temperatures and fireproof. It is also worth noting that this bug zapper uses no chemicals or harmful substances. This, therefore, means that it will be safe to use around your kids and pets alike. Being made in a waterproof design, you will have an easy time using it outdoors without worrying about rains or too much sunshine.
- Its 365nm specific wavelength works on most insects including moths, flies, and mosquitoes
- This bug zapper is EPA-registered and features handy and fireproof ABS materials
- This fly killer has a waterproof design that reduces its restrictions on indoor and outdoor use
- It is a portable bug zapper that can be easily and quickly assembled for use
- Works for a very short time
8. NAIYO Outdoor and Indoor Bug Zapper
This is a high-efficiency electric insect killer that will work to eliminate the stubborn insects within your environment. It emits UV light that attracts flies, moths, mosquitoes, and other insect types. Once these insects enter into the killer, they will never escape. The insect killer prides itself on a wide coverage now that it covers between 1000 and 1600 square feet. It offers the best mosquito-killing effect for the entire family.
After so many tests, this insect fly killer has been deemed resistant to water which makes it useful both indoors and outdoors. You will also be happy to learn that it is fall-resistant and very safe to use. It is however recommendable to keep the zapper away from kids and pets. Using and cleaning the product is also very easy. It can be placed on a flat surface or hung on the wall. When it comes to cleaning, you will learn that it has been equipped with a cleaning brush.
- Provides a reliable killing effect of mosquitoes for the family with its 1000 to 1600 sq. feet coverage
- It has a waterproof design which allows you to use it outdoors without any worries about the rain
- The product is ideal for all types of flying insects including mosquitoes, bees, moths, and flies
- This electric insect fly killer is easy to use and simple to clean
- The power cord is too short
7. Intelabe Fly Trap with Timer Setting for Light Control
This mosquito trap features an in-built 365nm UV light. It precisely lures mosquitoes in a radiation-free manner. Its powerful fan has a very strong suction that will instantly suck mosquitoes in and bring them to the glue board. You will also appreciate that it has intelligent light control. This one automatically identifies its surroundings and turns on and off accordingly. Overall, it becomes very easy to use the electric insect killer.
The other feature that you will appreciate about this insect fly killer is that it has a detachable structure. You basically need to rotate it to unlock its storage box and empty the mosquito carcasses. This insect killer is also friendly to nature and generally safe to use. Since it does not use any chemicals or insecticides, it will be safe around pregnant women, kids, the elderly, and pets.
- It emits 365nm of UV light that serves as an effective pest control method
- The intelligent light control automatically turns on in the evening and off in the morning
- Comes with a detachable structure that makes it very easy to clean
- This insect fly killer is friendly to nature and very safe to use around pets and kids
- Not as effective as advertised
6. flashvin Bug Zapper with UV Inhaler Lamp
If you are still being bothered by the nasty mosquitoes, this mosquito killer will be a good way to bid farewell to such. It emits approximately 395nm of UV light that will attract mosquitoes. Later, the in-built fan will allow the mosquitoes to fall into the trap. The package includes the mosquito plug and killer, 5 glue boards, and a data cable.
This mosquito killer has noise reduction technology which means that it will operate silently. Additionally, the mosquito killer has IPX4 waterproof protection which makes it ideal for both indoor and outdoor uses. Given that it does not use any harsh or harmful chemicals, this fly killer remains safe to use around pets and kids. It also prides itself on a wide coverage area of approximately 800 square feet. In this regard, it will be ideal for bedrooms, living rooms, and other places.
- Effectively attracts different flying insects with its 395nm UV light
- This mosquito killer uses noise reduction technology which keeps it quiet during operation
- It has an IPX4 waterproof design which makes it safe to use even outdoors
- The insect fly killer is safe and covers a large area of up to 800 square feet making it good for living rooms
- None for now
5. ZFITEI Bug Zapper for Indoor and Outdoor Use
This is a professional and highly effective mosquito killer. It has a safe high-voltage grid and covers a maximum area of 80 square meters. This bug zapper attracts bugs, mosquitoes, moths, gnats, and any other flying insect. It uses the Blu-ray light to bring bugs close and later kill them. Being made of quality ABS material, this bug zapper remains resistant to high temperatures. Additionally, it has a plastic top and shell which makes the zapper durable for indoor and outdoor use.
One of the main reasons why you need to buy this bug zapper is the fact that it is safe around pets and kids. This is due to the fact that it does not use any harsh chemicals that might be harmful. Even better, it is easy to use and clean up by simply removing the tray and pouring the dead insects. Since it comes with a hanging hook, you can hang it high away from kids’ reach. Alternatively, you can place it on a flat surface.
- It has been made of quality ABS material that is resistant to high temperatures and suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- The killer does not use any chemicals or harmful substances which makes it safe around pets and kids
- This is a professional and highly effective mosquito killer that covers an area of up to 80 square meters
- The electric fly trap is very easy to use and clean which helps to increase its longevity
- None identified
4. Katchy Indoor Fly Trap with Suction (Black)
One of the features that you will appreciate about this fly trap is the fact that it has triple trapping power. First, its UV light is going to attract the bug after which the fan will suck it in to be trapped by the sticky glue board. There will be no more ugly traps for this fly trap since there is no zapper. It will be ideal for use at home, in kitchens, offices, and other places. The good thing about it is that it acts as a decorative and stylish piece.
If you are generally looking to reduce bugs in your environment, this is the ideal pick. You should however note that this is not a replacement for the pest control services. It is also not ideal for house flies. You will also appreciate that the product is very easy to use where you choose between the low speed and standard settings.
- It has triple trapping power with no zapper that makes it convenient to use
- It works for different insect types and bugs around your home
- Easy to use where you choose between the standard and the low-speed settings
- Ideal for use in different places including the kitchen and the office
- It is too noisy
3. ASPECTEK Powerful Electronic Insect Killer
This bug killer generally attracts moths, mosquitoes, flies, and any other flying insect with its 2 UV light bulbs. You will appreciate the zapper mesh screen that basically prevents accidental contact with its electrical grid for your safety. Insects will be easily killed by this zapper’s high-voltage grids which help to keep your home very natural.
Installing this insect zapper is very easy since it comes with the chain and hooks needed to hang it high away from kids. Alternatively, you can set it on a flat surface and leave it to do its magic. Maintain this bug zapper is pretty easy now that it comes with a removable plastic tray. It is this tray that is removed to pour out the carcasses of insects trapped in. even better, the electric grid has a self-cleaning design.
- The bug killer attracts different insect types including flies, moths, mosquitoes, and other different insect types
- This bug zapper comes with a mesh screen to prevent any accidental contact with its electrical grid
- It has a very simple installation since it comes with the necessary hooks and chain for easy hanging
- Easy maintenance since its electric grid is self-cleaning
- The manufacturer will not cover the warranty
2. FLYFRY Bug Zapper, Electric Insect Fly Killer
Safety is the main thing for this insect fly killer. It comes with a 3’ power cord that has been certified by the US. It will keep your home and business completely free from bugs. You will also appreciate its safe design which keeps your hands away from the high-voltage grill. It, therefore, helps to make sure that you trap the bugs without compromising your safety and that of the family.
The heavy-duty indoor bug zapper will catch fruit flies, insects, moths, and wasps hassle-free. You will also appreciate the multi-purpose design of this zapper that makes it ideal for use in different locations. These include patio, garden, fishing and even camping just to name a few.
- It has a safe design with a 3’ power cord for maximum safety of your home or business
- Ideal for different insect types including mosquitoes, moths, hornets, fruit flies, and others
- It has a multi-purpose design and can be used in the patio, camping, garden, and fishing
- A safe design that protects the hands from reaching the high voltage grill
- Durability issues
1. DynaTrap Extra-Large Insect Killer, Black
We finally sum up this review with this insect killer that has 3 ways of protecting against many flying insects. You will appreciate its extra-large with two UV bulbs that are designed to catch as many insects as possible. Despite being that powerful, you will appreciate that it has a whisper-quiet operation. This, therefore, means that it will never cause any disturbance for your sleeping kid.
The other feature that you will appreciate about this insect killer is that it has extended coverage of 1 acre. Even better, it has a durable and all-weather design. In this case, it will be ideal for both indoor and outdoor uses. It is also very easy to use since it comes with a detachable tray that will offer an easy pouring of the dead carcasses.
- It has 3-way protection from most flying insects
- Features an extra-large size and 2 UV bulbs that helps to catch even more insects
- This insect killer is powerful with a whisper-quiet operation without buzzing
- It has extended coverage of all the way to 1 acre for use both indoors and outdoors
- Catches everything apart from mosquitoes
Factors to consider when buying electric insect fly killers
You should never compromise your safety whenever you are out there looking for an insect catcher/killer. As we have already learned, these are electric products that use a high-voltage grill to kill stubborn flying insects. It, therefore, means that any accidental contact of the grill with your hand will be dangerous. As a safety mechanism, these products come with a mesh screen to prevent any hand contact. Generally, these products are safe for pets and people since they never emit harmful chemicals.
This is among the important aspects that buyers should look for when making their choice. Coverage area basically refers to space within which the insect flyer will be effective. The choice of what to buy will solely depend on individual needs. The good thing about these products is that they have been made with different types of buyers in mind. In this regard, you will get something to match your needs in terms of the coverage area.
You will also need to check the overall design of these products before you can proceed to buy. This will tell you so many things about the insect killer. For instance, there are those that have been made with fireproof and temperature-resistant ABS materials. This serves as an assurance that the product will stand the test of time. Additionally, other fly killers feature waterproof materials which make the insect killer ideal for indoor and outdoor use.
That is it! Insect fly killers help to eliminate the inconvenience that is caused by all sorts of flying insects. They are very many, especially during summer. With an electric insect fly killer, you will be able to eliminate them without using harsh chemicals. This method is deemed safe around pregnant women, kids, the elderly, and pets as well. Having the best insect fly killer, you will have a comfortable working, sleeping, or resting environment. Above, we have highlighted key features that you need to consider when choosing these products. Provided that you follow these guidelines, you should easily spot your ideal pick from the recommended options. The good thing about the picks is that they have been recommended by experts and will definitely serve you well. With that in mind, browse and choose your preferred pick.